Design includes a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits: a smoother ride, better slope performance, more operator comfort over uneven ground and better traction
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use. It’s easy to get on and off the mower, there’s ample legroom for comfortable operation, and color-coded and logically placed controlsnee
Engine is smooth and powerful V-twin design
A 20-hp (14.9-kW) V-twin M40 engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality.
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for keeping the oil cleaner for a long engine life and extending the time between oil changes; the full-pressure lubrication system is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes
- Rear engine guard for protecting the engine and providing additional strength and integrity
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Large foot platform with secure volcano grips, and raised footrests for operator comfort.
A shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
The Z335M also offers a comfortable seat with armrests that can be flipped up and out of the way, with steel coil suspension springs under the seat to absorb shocks and smooth your ride.
Instruments and controls are convenient and easy to use
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to two height settings and nine fore-aft settings for a total of 18 different positions. This provides increased operator comfort and more precise control of the machine.
On-board tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy – the cut-height pin includes a 13-mm wrench and doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting tracking and the motion-control lever position.
Mower deck lift/cut-height adjustment
The Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 4 in. (10.2 cm) in 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) increments for excellent cut quality and performance, and has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
Serviceability is designed-in for convenience
Accel Deep™ Mower Decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
- Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
- Provision is provided for a standard, 3/8-in. (9.5-mm) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
Tie-down locations are also provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ (42A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
The 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds.
The 42A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service. Mower wheels are double-captured, to provide greater strength and durability. The low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on the engine’s lower bearing and mower deck bearings for longevity.
The 42A Mower is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another.